Sharing opinion writings with Larson and McCarthy | Schools
The following is a message from the Petal School District:
In preparation for tonight's big game against the Oak Grove Warriors, the Fourth graders at PES close read articles published in the Pine Belt Sports that highlighted Larson Barkurn and Kirk McCarty.
In cooperative groups, the students debated which quarterback they felt would be the best in tonight's game and created double bubbles comparing the two players.
Using text based evidence from the articles, the students formed their opinions and wrote an opinion writing using their annotated notes. During Junior Panther lunch, some students were able to share their finished product with the "best quarterback!"
To view the Facebook gallery click HERE.
Top Petal Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies