PSD honored at Sept. board meeting | News
The following is a message from the Petal School District:
Petal School District Principals were honored at the September School Board Meeting for their outstanding academic achievements.
The Mississippi Department of Education Accountability Ratings were highlighted for each school and certificates were presented to each principal.
Petal High School earned the “A (Star) ” ranking for the fourth year in a row and had the highest student achievement in Algebra among all 6A schools in Mississippi.
Petal Middle School earned the “A (Star)” level for the third year in a row and had the highest student achievement among all 7th and 8th grade Middle Schools in the state.
Petal Elementary also earned the highest rating, “A (Star)”, for the first time.
Petal Primary is linked with Petal Elementary in the “A (Star)” rating because students in grades K-2 do not participate in the state testing program.
Petal Upper Elementary earned a rating of “C (Successful)” .
Top Petal Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies