Highway 42 East Widening Project in Petal | News
The Mississippi Department of Transportation Southern Transportation Commissioner Tom King announces the following update on a project currently underway in South Mississippi’s fourteen counties located in MDOT’s District Six.
“In an effort to provide the public with timely information regarding current transportation improvement projects, MDOT offers this list of projects, detailing current work taking place across South Mississippi,” said Commissioner King.
Work began in July 2010 on the $13.5 million project Highway 42 East widening project, which was awarded to Dunn Roadbuilders. Work will involve widening the existing two-lane section to four lanes between Corinth Road and Macedonia Road in Petal. Construction is scheduled for completion this fall.
Top Petal Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Hattiesburg residents speak out on immigration bill
- Thriffiley New Director-Liaison for Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- USM halts tornado relief in deference to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Hattiesburg Sunrise Rotary Club gives $5000 to scouts
- Southern Miss halts solicitations for campus beautification campaign