Forrest County trusty dies at Petal Police Department | News
PETAL, MS (WDAM)- An inmate trusty from the Forrest County Work Center was declared dead Friday after being found unresponsive near the Petal Police Department.
Around 11:50 a.m. an officer arrived at the department's facilities to have his car cleaned. When he walked into the building used for this purpose, behind the main building, he discovered the trusty. The officer contacted dispatch who contacted AAA Ambulance service and the Petal Fire Department.
Later, the 38-year-old man was declared dead by Forrest County Coroner Butch Benedict.
Detective Ken Bullock said the cause of death will be determined by an autopsy in Jackson.
The trusty was washing cars to pay off fines.
Copyright 2012 WDAM. All rights reserved.
Top Petal Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Mississippi Polymer Institute teams with Miss. State on Rocket Project
- Schoemann named Operations Manager at Southern Miss Center
- Geography students study McComb’s assets for downtown development
- Department of Education offers opportunity to students denied graduation
- Thousands of MS students denied for graduation ceremonies