7th Annual Spirit in Action Awards – Call for Nominations | Community Spirit
Forrest General’s Spirit of Women is celebrating its 7th year of recognizing outstanding citizens in the Pine Belt who have taken action to make the community a healthier, safer, more inspirational place to live. Now is your chance to nominate someone for the 7th annual Spirit in Action Awards!
Winners of the 2012 Spirit in Action Awards will be honored during Spirit of Women’s 2012 Spring Event “The Spirit of Caring.” The much anticipated event, to be held on April 26 at the Lake Terrace Convention Center, will feature keynote speakers Barbara Pierce Bush and Jenna Bush Hager.
Spirit in Action Award nominations are open to men and women ages 35 and older who reside in one of the 19 counties in Forrest General’s service areas, which include Covington, Forrest, George, Greene, Hancock, Jasper, Jefferson Davis, Jasper, Jones, Lamar, Lawrence, Marion, Pearl River, Perry, Pike, Simpson, Smith, Walthall, and Wayne counties.
“Each year, we are honored to recognize outstanding citizens for their commitment to make the Pine Belt a better place to live and work,” said Forrest General Chief Marketing and Medical Staff Services Officer Millie Swan. “Each of our Spirit in Action award recipients for the past six years continues to serve as an inspiration, and we congratulate them all on their accomplishments. We anticipate receiving many outstanding nominations for the 2012 awards, and look forward to honoring even more very deserving recipients.”
Those honored as winners of the Spirit in Action Awards for 2011 were:
- Jay Dean – Music Director and Administrator of USM Symphony Orchestra; Artistic Director and Administrator of the Southern Opera and Musical Theatre Company
- Deborah Gambrell – 10th District Chancery Judge
- Pam Hamilton – Activities Manager, The Association for Rights of Citizens with Disabilities
- Cena Holifield – Executive Director of The 3-D School for Children with Dyslexia
- Gwen James – Co-Owner and President of Coldwell Banker Don Nace, Inc.
- Sean Little – Assistant Vice President, Grand Bank
- Jo McDivitt – Publisher of “Today’s Mississippi Woman”
- Bonnie Warren – Founding Member of the Hattiesburg Tourism Commission
For guidelines and nomination forms, visit ForrestGeneral.com/SpiritInAction. You must be 21 or older to submit a nomination. The deadline for applications is April 6 at 5 p.m., so don’t delay!
Spirit of Women is a national movement led by hospitals across the United States with the mission to move women to take action for better health…mind, body and spirit. With more than 6,500 members, Forrest General is the exclusive Spirit of Women hospital for South Mississippi, having attained Premier status in recognition of strong efforts in moving women to take action for their health! For more information about Spirit of Women, call 601-288-4968, or visit forrestgeneral.com.
Upcoming Events near Petal
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sumrall woman delivers afghan blankets to Collins veterans
- Suspect charged after string of burglaries at Hattiesburg High School
- Salvation Army collects for Christmas Angels
- C Spire launches next phase of its fiber to the home initiative: Homeowner Pre-Registration for 100 times faster internet
- Mississippi Supreme Court ruling stands in soccer cases against USM